Educate & Advocate for Sustainability with SWS
Take a role in Sustainable West Seattle. Contribute to growing our organization and bringing sustainability to our neighborhoods.
Current projects include:
- Stormwater Control Project – Help us capture stormwater runoff before it pollutes Puget Sound with low impact development.
- Sustainability Film Series – Help us put together a film series to both entertain and educate our community.
- West Seattle Tool Library – Now up and running, the Tool Library saves resources by preventing redundant tool buying, but also supports community projects with free tool lending.
Have a project you’d like to see happen in West Seattle? Just let us know!
Other ways to help
You can also help in any of these ways (and more):
- Help Edit SWS Newsletter and/or Help Maintain SWS Website
Sustainable West Seattle is looking for people who want to get involved with our website and with our newsletter. We need aggregators and editors who are willing to help collect and edit material for our bi-weekly newsletter and who are interested in daily or frequent updates to the SWS website.
- Help staff tables at our various events
We always can use a hand as we work to spread the word about our projects and events. Even if you can only help with one event a year, we’d love to have you!
- Grant writing
Money helps us continue building great projects for the community. If you have experience with grant writing, we could use your help!
- General support
We’re always looking for Neighborhood Representatives to help get the word out and to distribute literature. Lend a hand when it’s convenient for you!
Contact Sustainable West Seattle by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating your area of interest – or show up for the monthly membership meeting (at different locations in West Seattle) on the 3rd Monday of the month beginning at 7:00 pm, except for December. Individuals interested in either or both of these volunteer tasks should submit a very brief letter indicating their interest, the times they would be available for training, and any previous experience with Vertical Response or WordPress. Submit the letter to email@example.com with “newletter” or “website” or both in the subject line.
SWS basecamp users, click here to log on to Basecamp.