Date(s) - 21 May 2012
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Senior Center of West Seattle
Sustainable West Seattle’s May Community Forum addresses a whole range of issues associated with Energy.
Got Energy questions? Then drop by the May 21st Sustainable West Seattle Energy Fair to learn how to save money on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time. Our May Community Forum is Monday May 21 at the Senior Center of West Seattle, 4217 SW Oregon St., on Oregon right around the corner from California Ave.
Hear from local companies about increasing your energy efficiency, or adding solar or biodiesel to your energy mix. This event is especially for you if you’re:
- Worried about high energy bills or just interested in improving the energy efficiency of your home;
- Thinking about taking advantage of Community Power Works incentives in Seattle, and would like more details;
- Wondering about Solar Energy for yor home but not really sure if it’s right for you;
- Interested in a group purchase of community-owned solar panels that don’t need to be located on your house;
- Using an oil-fired furnace or vehicle that runs on diesel, and want to know if you can use biodiesel.
The evening kicks off informally at 6:30 pm if you’re inclined to show up early to help set up and socialize with the SWS crowd. The agenda follows:
- 7:00 pm Welcome & SWS Announcements
- 7:15 pm Introduction – SWS Energy Work Group
- 7:20 pm Efficiency: Marco Mazzoni (NW Home Comfort) & TBD (Community Power Works – Tentative)
- 7:35 pm WS Solar Project: (a group purchase community-based project for West Seattle residents and businesses resulting in significant savings on solar photovoltaic (PV) installations.) Evan Leonard & Jason Williams (Artisan Electric)
- 7:45 pm WS EcoLeap: Solar Options For Everyone. Solar Epiphany will discuss micro solar, community solar and the importance of going solar. Eric Thomas
- 8:00 pm Biodiesel: Yale Wong (General Biodiesel)
- 8:15 pm Community Announcements
- 8:25 pm Energy Fair – Quality Time with the presenters at their tables
- 8:55 pm Adjourn to West 5 for Post-Meeting Socializing and Discussion, 4539 California Ave SW.