Have an idea or a question regarding transportation in West Seattle? Post your thoughts or questions below – click “Leave a comment” below (or here) and ask a question or post an idea.
Then join us in person for an evening of inspired discussion about the spectrum of transportation issues facing West Seattle in the coming years with your neighbors and some of our best local policy experts, along with some local, county and state government representatives with the power to help us turn our best ideas into reality.
Our February Community Forum will be held in the Senior Center of West Seattle, on SW Oregon St. literally around the eastern corner from California Avenue SW. Come at 6:30 pm to socialize, the Forum begins at 7:00 pm and will continue to 9:00 pm.
Our Transportation Forum confirmed lineup includes:
- Tom Rasmussen – Panel Facilitator, Chair of the Seattle City Council Transportation Committee;
- Chris Arkills - King County, Office of Dow Constantine, King County Metro, Rapid Ride and ST2 and ST3 plans;
- Brice Maryman – SvR Design, Transit Oriented Communities, Urban Impact of Transportation and Transit Planning
- Martin Duke – Seattle Transit Blog, Users perspective of West Seattle Transit and Transportation Options;
- Peter Hahn – Director, Seattle Dept. of Transportation, Overall View of Seattle Transportation and Specific View of West Seattle
The format will be a brief presentation by members of the panel on the existing and historic conditions relating to West Seattle access, transportation and transit, and then an open forum discussion involving the panel members and the audience.