Join us for a fun and unique event geared toward the holiday shopping season on ’Green Saturday’, the day after ‘Black Friday’. This unique event will be held in an equally unique setting – The Lodge at Camp Long.
The object of “Money Free Shopping Spree” is to promote more meaningful gifting of products made from raw materials or crafting of various sustainable categories. The “Money Free Shopping Spree” is gift trading.
- Services: This is a wide open category usually traded with gift cards or certificates. Examples include garden consulting, household energy audits, childcare, bicycle repair, household item repair, massage, dietary consultation, clutter reduction, pantry clinic.
- Art Crafts: All varieties of art including photography, paintings, stained glass, glass blown items, pottery, basketry, salvaged art designs, metal or wood sculptures, clay sculptures, music CDs, journalistic compilations, wall hangings.
- Home Crafts: Soap making, candles, glass blowing, pottery, refinished wood furniture, stained glass, knitted goods, holiday center pieces, herbal medicines, herbal oils and scents, holiday wreaths, holiday decorations, doll houses.
- Food Crafts: Dried fruits, canned foods, cakes and cookies, jams, preserves, honey, prepared dinners, wines, beer, ethnic meals, cheese making.
- Salvaged/Refurbished Items: Children’s toys, children’s furniture, bicycles, wooden chairs/rockers, sporting goods.
All the exchanges would be for the purpose of holiday gift giving but not limited to that end.
The photograph illustrating last year’s Money Free Shopping Spree at Camp Long’s Lodge, is courtesy of the WestSeattleBlog.
What are you bringing to the Money Free Shopping Spree? If you plan to participate, please leave a comment attached to this post with what you plan to bring to trade. Include your name, description of item, number of items and estimated value. We will compile a list to advertise as the event draws closer.